7-Day All Breed Dog Training Workshop
What You'll Learn:
- Learn how to develop an effective training program.
- Learn why the best dogs may be the hardest to train.
- Eliminate bait surfing.
- Eliminate pulling on the lead.
- Eliminate lagging and/or stopping.
- Eliminate crabbing and pacing.
- Eliminate dogs' habit of backing away from judges.
- Eliminate performance event burnout.
- Build confidence in you and your dog.
- Develop intense focus and desire to train with your dog.
- Fix problems before they happen and not at an event or show.
- Learn how to make training with any dog fun.
Sample Schedule for the 7-Day All-Breed Workshop
- Overcoming Problems
- Establishing Leadership
- Establishing Communication
- Building Confidence
- Have Fun with your Dog
- Value of your Dog
- Play with a Purpose
- Target Training
- Introduction to Conformation Training
- Measurement of Success
- General Appearance of your Breed Standard
- Entering the Ring
- Conditioning Skin and Coat
- Origin of your Breed
- Snake Charmer
- Stacking your Dog
- The Exam
- Lead Control
- Training for Winners' Photos
- Conditioning your Dog
- Situational Preparedness
- High Speed Gaiting Photos
- The Finale
- Dog Show Checklist
- Ring Procedures/Etiquette
- Parts of your Dog
Eric Salas MasterClass
Once you have completed a 7-day workshop and have been approved to join a MasterClass, you will be ready to take the journey to fine tune your communication with your dog and make tremendous advances in any and all dog sports. You do not need to have exemplary skills to begin in the Masterclass but you do need heart. In each MasterClass there will be learning and growth beyond your wildest expectations. Each MasterClass is limited to a maximum of 15 participants and the learning is finely tailored to not only the group but to each individual’s needs.
You will leave the MasterClass having gained a new perspective on your dog, a new knowlege base and set of learning skills, and a new family to continue on with your journey in dog sports. Please Note: Completing our seven-day workshop and gaining approval is required to enroll in a MasterClass.
Sample Schedule for the MasterClass
- Getting Out of Your Head
- Finding Out What Makes You and Your Dog Better
- Building Confidence
- Researching Breed Standards
- Learning How to Have Fun with Your Dog
- Fine-Tuning Show Dogs
- Conditioning Dogs
- Learning Balance and Structure
- Preparing for Winners' Photos
- Lead Control
- The Art of Selling/Snake Charmer
- Presenting to the Breed Standard
- Conditioning the Skin and Coat
- Dog Nutrition and Supplements
- Discussing the Training Schedule
- High Speed Photography and Video (Side Gait/Down and Back)
- Learning about Dog Movement
- Learning How to Show Your Dog to the Judges
- Targeting Identified Problems
- High-Speed Photography and Video (Side Gait/Down and Back)
Confirmation and Registration
First Day of Class/Schedule
Water and Lunches
Communication and Support
If you have any questions before, during, or after the workshop, the WhatsApp group is the first and best place to reach out to have your questions answered.
If you need an alternative contact, you can email Sales@K9-World.com or text/call to 360-593-1200.
Signing Up and Using WhatsApp
- Installing WhatsApp
- Install the app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
- Launch the app and approve the requested permissions.
- Enter your phone number and tap Confirm.
- Enter the verification code received via SMS (WhatsApp may do this automatically).
- Import existing contacts into the app (optional).
How to set up your WhatsApp profile:
- Tap the three dogs in the top-right corner of the app and tap Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen
- To change your name, tap the pencil icon next to the name.
- To change your picture, tap the camera icon and select a photo (optional).
- Enter or adjust your bio by tapping the pencil icon next to About.
How to start a chat (you don’t have to do this to join the group)
- Tap the compose button (it looks like a sheet of paper with a pencil).
- Select the contact you want to chat with from the list. If you don’t import your contact list from your phone you will need to add a new contact first. If you have a previous chat with a contact, it will open that instead of a brand-new chat.
How to type messages in a chat
- Type your message at the bottom of the screen.
- After entering your text, tap the arrow icon that appears alongside the text box to send the message.
- You can also send pictures, videos, or files by tapping the paperclip (files) or camera (pictures/videos) icons.
What to Bring to the Workshop:
- 2 copies of Your dog's breed standard (it is recommended that the General Appearance be memorized before the workshop).
- Drinking water, food, and fowl for your dog.
- Lunch, drinks, and snacks for you
- Training lead - 6 Feet or 2 Meters with no snaps or "jewelry" (available for sale at the workshop or you can purchase them here).
- Flat link collar (available for sale at the workshop or you can purchase them here).
- Layered casual clothing for comfort
- Running shoes (no open-toed shoes or heels)
- Pen and paper for notes
- A secure crate for rest when not working. All dogs must be crated during the workshop unless working with them for safety and to maximize their breaks.
- A cover for the crate (For barking and allowing your dog to rest)
- A comfortable show chair if you don’t like the one at the facility. There will be chairs at the facility, but they are often the metal fold up type that are not comfortable to sit it for an extended time.
- Other items you would normally bring to a show. You will only need grooming items for the last five days of a seven-day workshop or MasterClass. This includes tools, a table, a dryer, etc. Grooming tools will be available for sale at the workshop, or you can purchase them on our Grooming Tools page.